Water is an integral element for the existence of life. The earth is surrounded by water bodies from oceans, seas, lakes and rivers.
However, most of this water bodies contain salty water. The fresh water sources are a very negligible content and diminishing at a very fast rate. This is a major global concern and requires an urgent intervention.
The existing water is contaminated with industrial waste, organic chemicals and purification chemicals. Many people result of buying bottled water. However, this option is quite expensive. There have been interventions to filter water for home and commercial use. This has brought the birth of technological intervention and the most efficient one of them has been the reverse osmosis (RO).
Existing since 1950, Reverse Osmosis Systems has been used to filter salty water, making it viable for consumption. Using a semi-permeable membrane, the technology removes hard metals, chemicals such as chlorine and contaminates existing in the water.
There have a number of brands and companies that manufacture various products using this technology. These products can be used to purify water which can be used for drinking, farming, aquariums and much more water usage. Below, we will highlight and highlight some of the well-known brands.
iSpring Water with WQA Gold Seal Certified Reverse Osmosis Systems
Established and located in Atlanta Georgia in the United States, the brand focuses on providing clean and purified water for both commercial and residential use. Not only does I spring water provide reverse osmosis systems technology, it also offers shower filters and whole house water filters.
- Economic sense – Saves users from having to buy bottled water while it last for long.
- Clean and fresh – Users enjoy purified, tasty and odorless water for domestic and commercial use.
- Management friendly – It is easy to maintain and has valves which automatically shut off whenever it’s not in use.
- Water wastage – Wastes quite some of the water going through the purification process.
- Since it uses online platform to sell, there is a risk of pilferage and breakage whenever the goods are being shipped.
- Installation is complicated.
- Unlike other brands which do not remove most of the contaminants, this one actually does so.
- There are discounts for filter replaces where consumers can purchase a whole kit cheaply.
- The system also has an automatic valve that shuts off and prevents spillage. There is an alarm which signals users whenever the water reaches a certain level.
Most of its products have received over 4 star ratings out of possible 5.
I spring – WQA GOLD SEAL – 5 Stages 75GPD Reverse Osmosis Water Filter system
- Its priced between $287.99 – $179.99
- The system has a sediment filter which traps dirt and other particles
- The next stage involves the granular activated carbon. This is responsible for removing the smell and taste of chlorine. Any other chemical found in water is also removed. These include pesticides, herbicides and industrial chemicals.
- Another carbon filter, carbon block (CTO) which is much denser removes sediments which passed the earlier carbon stage. This includes chemicals such as chloramines.
- The fourth stage involves the semi permeable membrane where the water undergoes through allot of pressure to achieve the reverse osmosis
- The fifth stage is where the water gets filtrated as it leaves the storage tank heading for the faucet.
- The 5 staged RO systems offers up to 99% of water purification dealing with pollutants such as chlorine, fluoride, lead, arsenic, pesticides and other contaminants.
- The product is certified with the NSF international standards.
- The system produces 75 gallons per day
- Enjoys 4 stars reviews from customers out of a possible 5
I spring RCC7AK – WQA GOLD SEAL – 6-stage 75GPD Reverse Osmosis featuring alkaline minerals
- The price ranges between $339 and $229.50 inclusive of shipping charges
- An additional stage is added which restores calcium and magnesium minerals.
- The system produces 75 gallons per day
- I spring RCC7AK-UV – WQA GOLD SEAL 7 stage 75GPD reverse osmosis water filter with flow sensor switch
- Price ranges from $460 to $309 inclusive of shipping
- Uses similar steps as RCC7AK 6-stage Reverse Osmosis system. However it has an additional step which incorporates an 11W UV sterilization lamp which kills bacteria and viruses.
I-spring develops its systems based on consumer’s demands. Their rapid response team is ready to listen to every concern and handle it professionally. That is why they constantly advance their products to give better service than previous versions. Users who need to find out and experience can surely try out their customer contact center.
Apec is a manufacture of water purification products which embraces the use of the reverse osmosis. It has been in existence for 17 years and is currently based in the United States. It deals with products both for residential and commercial use. Below is a sneak preview of some of its top selling brands.
- Saves users from buying bottled water
- It’s easy to install and maintain.
- Filters require replacement once every 6-12 months.
- Unlike the spring, this can handle both soft and hard waters.
- Provides clean, tasty and odorless water.
- Unlike its counterpart, this one does not have ultraviolet (UV) therefore may not kills bacteria and viruses especially for untreated non tap water.
- Users can get their replacement filters in a three year kit at a cheaper price.
- The system operates silently with limited noise for the user convenience.
- Unlike other brands the product is made in the USA
We can say RO-90 and RO-PH90 are the best Reverse Osmosis Systems from APEC with 90GPD capacity.
RO-90 – Top Tier 5 stage 90GPD Reverse Osmosis drinking water system
- Priced between $260 and $199
- The product like its counterpart brand, I spring has 5 water purification stages. Water goes each of the stages before being put under pressure for the reverse osmosis to take part in the semi-permeable membrane.
- The system has an automatic shutdown mechanism which locks the system from operating when the tank is full.
- Provides a daily water supply of 90 gallons.
- All components are certified by the NSF.
APEC Water systems RO-PH90 Top Tier, Ultimate Alkaline Mineral 90 GPD 6 stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking water System
- The price ranges from $310-$229.95 inclusive of shipping
- The system has 6 stages each empowered with the task to remove particles, chlorine, odor and taste and other chemicals.
- The fifth stage ensures water is cleansed from and tank residual before going through the sixth stage. This is where the water is added calcium minerals to raise its pH levels.
The made in US brand gives no doubt about its effectiveness as compared to most commodities which originate from the Asian market. Most products, especially from China are not durable. The APEC water brand, however serves as an affirmation for users to check out and enjoy high quality and reliable services.
Perfect water technologies Inc. is a manufacturing company based in the United States. It deals with water purification products for residential and commercial use. Previously known to many as tap master, the company changed its RO brand to Home Master. This brand has had successful stories to tell and here we will highlight the ups and downs of some of its leading products.
- Easy to install and manage.
- The filter last up to one year before being replaced
- The system gives a faster output of water than the other brands
- The water is clean , odorless and very tasty
The system is believed to be much more expensive than its rival brands
The brand has patent on its innovative ways of adding minerals to water on two levels. Other brands are believed to loss minerals when the water is in the storage tank.
Home Master Artesian Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- Price ranges between $419.95 to $349.99 inclusive of shipping charges
- The system has seven stages of purification stages which involve adding calcium and magnesium minerals back to the water.
- The water goes through initial process of removing heavy particles, chlorine and other chemicals, dissolved solids; chemical contaminates using the RO before being added calcium and minerals as it heads to the tank. The water goes through a second process where it gets additional minerals.
- The filter unit is all in one in built component.
- Gives users a 5 year warranty with a 30 day pay back for unsatisfied customers.
Home Master UV Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- After going through the six stages of cleansing the water off impurities, the water goes through a UV stage where viruses, bacteria and other microorganisms are eliminated.
- Other notable feature included are similar to the home master artesian Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
The additional stage of adding minerals ensures that consumers get mineral filled water with a good taste. The acidic nature of the storage tank’s rubber leaves, water prone to contaminants. That’s why the home master products will ensure that your water stays purified throughout before reaching the faucet.
Watt premier was established in 1989 to manufacture water treatment and purifications systems. It focuses on reverse osmosis systems and water filtrations systems.
The brand has RO products which range from 2 stages up to 6. Here we will focus on some of the best performing products determined by the customer’s feedback.
- It saves on the environment.
- It is efficient in cost saving.
- Makes water be more clean, odorless and tasty
- Easy to maintain the filters
- The product is affordable compared to other brands
- Doesn’t restore the minerals lost in the water
- In not appropriate for bacteria and virus eradication
Watts Premier 531411 4 stage RO-PURE REVERSE OSMOSIS SYSTEM
- The product price ranges between $433.88 to $207.80
- The system has 3 gallon storage tank
- It uses the four stages where dirt particles, chlorine, taste and odor; chemical contaminants are eliminated before going through the reverse osmosis.
- Filter change is at a push of a button
- The system has an automatic shut off mechanism whenever it’s out of use
- It has 3 gallon storage tank
Watts Premier 531130 filter pure UF-3 3 stage water Filtration system
- The product price ranges between $175 to $125
- It uses the three stages.
- The product is certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Watts Premier focuses entirely on reverse osmosis products. This guarantees maximum highly researched and manufactured systems to meet the home water purification needs. Residential users should check out its various RO products ready to meet their needs.
This brand has been in existence for over 22 years in the manufacturing and development of water filtration systems. The brand enjoys a global outreach with its internationally certified products.
- The product ensures a clean and tasty water for consumption.
- Easy to install
- It deals with hard water while at the same time adds minerals which include magnesium.
- Water is wasted during the filtrate process
- IT has a manageable size.
- Filters are easy to manage since they have switch buttons
Aquaphor DWM -101 Compact Reverse Osmosis Water filter system
- Its price ranges between $999.99 to $499 inclusive of shipping charges
- Host a storage tank of 5 liters
- It tackles the hardness in water while removing harmful substances including sediments, Chlorine and other organic chlorine compounds, metals, bacteria and viruses
- Comes with a 3 year warranty
Aquaphor brand serves to meet all kinds of water. Unlike other brands, this one treats both hard water and soft water. The noiseless brand is must have for those who require convenient service.
The brand has over 25 years of existence providing water treatment product in the reverse osmosis technology. The company has RO system products to meet both commercial and residential consumer needs.
- Easy to install
- Affordable compared to other brands
- The extra replacement filters will save users from cost and inconveniences
- No minerals added.
- It has not UV to eliminate bacteria and other viruses
One of its RO products includes:
5 Stage Home Drinking Reverse Osmosis system
- It has 5 stages in the purification process.
- 3.2 gallon storage tank
- Comes with a one year warranty
- The packages comes with an extra replacement filters
- It has an automatic shut off valve
The highly experienced brand will most certainly serve to meet user’s needs. Its existence in the industry enables is developing systems that are efficient and of high quality. Those with concerns of an established and long lived brand should have a look at this one.
Hydro-logic purification Systems is a company known for water filtration system. The company utilizes local materials in its line of production. In its reverse osmosis business, one of its resident products with greater customer reception is highlighted below.
Hydro Logic 31023 1000 – GPD Evolution RO1000 High flow RO system
- It’s price ranges between $749.95 – $551.70
- Can produce 1000gallons per day
- Has a higher production of water at high speeds
- Its considerably small and easy to manage
- Has an auto shut off mechanism
- It enables users to save on costs.
- It is assists in conserving the environment.
- Its noisy
- Wastes too much water.
Hydrologic offers systems that are easy to manage and mount at any favorable location. User who are tired of those bulky and heavy systems should try out this for a change.
Located in Texas, Aquasana is a water purification company offering solutions to water filtration problems. The company offers a variety of products ensuring quality and reliable water purification. These products serve to filter the water supply at our homes.
Aquasana has several RO designed and manufactured products that will give a healthier and better tasting water. These internationally certified water systems are engineered to meet your water treatment needs. Here we will highlight two of its notable RO systems.
- Easy to install and manage
- The system has a filter performance indicator to monitor when to replace
- Retains the nature minerals in water
- Saves money for users
- Doesn’t offer purer water due to its short filtration process
- Water production is not that fast
Aquasana AQ 5300.55 3 STAGE Under counter water filter system
- Offers 3 filtration stages eliminating metals, chlorine and cryptosporidium, organic chemicals and pesticide.
- Retains natural minerals.
- Has 600 gallons of storage
- Requires replacement after 6months
- Requires 1 lithium meta battery
- Aquasana AQ-400P countertop water filter system
- Priced at 89.85 up to $124.99
- Easily portable for residential use
- Has a 3 stage filtration process
- It is NSF/ANSI certified
The Aquasana brand has an easy management system. The ease in monitoring the filters is a good factor which users should check out for.
Aquatic life is a water purification company based in the United States. It offers a diversity of equipment’s used for water filtration for use in the gardens and aquariums. It’s been in existence since 2008 growing towards meeting consumers’ water treatment needs.
Its main specialty is in the aquariums with a biased market in the North of America. However, buyers from other regions can get their products from e-commerce markets including amazon. The brand provides pumps, filters and RO systems.
- Saves on cost since its affordable
- Easily portable
- Easy to maintain and manage
- Wastes allot of water
- Does not offer purify water out of every contamination
Highlighted below is one of its RO systems.
Aquatic life RO buddie 3 –stage reverse Osmosis system
- Priced between $80 and $57
- Three staged reverse osmosis system
- Offers 50 gallons of water per day
- Can be used in aquariums
- Appropriate size enabling portability
- Can be upgraded to a 4-stage system
The system’s use of the RO technology gives the bodies living in water fresh and cleans water. Aquatic life is brand that many aquarium owners will fall in love with.
With this compilation on the various reverse osmosis brands, it is evident that this system has more pros than cons. Apart from purifying and filtering your water to be healthier for consumption, the system also makes the water tastier and odorless. The RO system works almost the same for most of these brands, however additional filtration stages are what separates them altogether.
On that note a number of the brands have stood out and have had more customer reception than others. The product cost has been ranging between $500 and $200. Users now have a more informed outlook to make an informed buying decision.