We all know what fertilizers do. They help plants grow by supplying essential nutrients. But did you know that there are several ways to classify fertilizers? Here will see the benefits of using liquid fertilizer.
Fertilizers could be:
- straight - provides single nutrient (e.g. nitrogen, phosphorus, or potassium) or multi-nutrient - provides two or more nutrients (e.g. nitrogen and phosphorus)
- organic - derived from recycled plant or animal matter or inorganic - synthetic fertilizers
Depending on the application, fertilizers could also be liquid or solid. In this post, we will talk about the benefits of liquid fertilizer over solid or granular fertilizer.
5 Best Magnetic Water Softeners
We found here 5 best liquid fertilizers from Amazon marketplace.These are the most popular liquid fertilizer based on customer reviews and overall ratings.
- Increase overall plant health
- Increases plant vigor and growth
- Compliant for use in an organic system, and verified by OMRI listings (https://www.omri.org/)
- 15-0-15 Phosphorus-free Liquid Lawn Food Nutritional Supplement: If you want to maintain lawn health...
- The Power of Nitrogen & Potassium Blended with Humic/Fulvic Acid: Intensify green and growth while...
- Made With High Quality Natural & Organic Food Grade Ingredients: Nourish your lawn to health with...
- Works in all Miracle-Gro AeroGarden models
- Additional nutrients for your AeroGarden. More than 100 feedings
- Also great for indoor and outdoor plants, shrubs and trees
- Use Tiger Bloom at the first sign of flowering
- To extend flowering or fruiting; add Big Bloom liquid fertilizer late in the season
- Formulated with a low pH to maintain stability in storage and keep micronutrients available
- Keep Your Grass & Plants Healthy By With Essential Nutrients: Complete Blend of Chelated...
- Application Rates For Lawn & Garden: Use on Turf grass, Flowers, Hardy trees, Young plants,...
- Increase Taste, Color & Quality: Immediately Available Nutrients Adds Quality Mineral Content to...
Liquid Fertilizer Benefits
Before we get to the particular benefits of liquid fertilizers, you should know that any type of fertilizer can be damaging to lawns and plants if not applied properly. Over-fertilizing can destroy beneficial soil microbes, cause root burn, attract more pests, and even create problems for the environment.
That said, as long as you carefully read labels and apply as directed, you’re sure to reap the benefits of liquid fertilizers such as:
1. Easy application
You can use a spray bottle or a sprinkler attachment to apply liquid fertilizer. And you can do this at any stage of plant growth. You can also use liquid fertilizers for plants that have to be transplanted so they can take root and grow well in their new homes.
If you have a lot of ground to cover and use a drip irrigation system, you will find liquid fertilizers a good choice. There’s no need to worry if you’re overfertilizing certain areas. By adding liquid fertilizers where the water supply is, you can rest easy that all your plants will be equally fertilized.
2. Saves time and money
What gardener doesn’t want cost savings? The great thing about using liquid fertilizers is that you can water your garden and fertilize simultaneously. You also don’t need specialized applicators that hog all the space in your shed.
3. Option to go green
There are organic liquid fertilizers you can use that won’t harm kids and pets. After application, there’s no need to wait. You can walk barefoot in your garden without worrying about any side effects.
You can also make your own organic compost. These are great for the environment since there’s less runoff.
4. Immediate effects
Compared to granular fertilizers, liquid ones have an almost instant effect especially when it comes to supporting strong root growth. They also help seeds germinate faster.
Another immediate benefit has to do with the soil’s pH levels. Using liquid fertilizers helps balance the soil’s pH levels, which in turn promotes healthy root systems.
5. Better control over dosage
With solid fertilizers, it’s difficult if not impossible to take out the nutrients after these have been embedded in the soil. This poses a problem for the gardener, especially if the plants are showing signs of over-fertilizing. With liquid fertilizers, this isn’t a problem.
You can dilute the dose to correct the problem and you can easily track how often your lawn or garden is being fertilized.
Need Garden Care Advice?
You’ve come to the right place. We offer garden care tips, product reviews, and more to help you maintain your garden.